Every injury is different and so is every client. Our physiotherapists take pride in customizing programs that will guide and support you in overcoming the challenge of your injury. We will improve your quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention.
Our physiotherapists have extensive knowledge of the body, especially related to function, movement and specific exercises for overall health. They are always striving to provide the best care to their clients.
- Acupuncture/Intramuscular Stimulation (IMS) – for chronic and neuropathic pain.
- Soft Tissue release (friction, kneading)
- Joint mobilization and spinal manipulation
- Electrical modalities
- Exercise prescription for flexibility, strength training, proprioception and balance training
- Injury prevention, harm minimization, and appropriate self-treatment exercise
- Other common injuries: MVAs, WCB, Motor Vehicle, Sports
- Occupational/Repetitive Stress injuries/Pain: Carpel Tunnel, Tennis Elbow, Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Postural Back and Neck pain
- Re-education of poor movement patterns, habits, and biomechanics
- Maintenance of functional mobility and best achievable health for people with chronic illnesses
Imagine Health Centres is excited to offer Pelvic Health Physiotherapy services to our clients at our Calgary South clinic.
- Do you… Accidentally leak urine when you exercise, play sport, laugh or sneeze?
- Need to get to the toilet in a hurry- or not make it there in time?
- Constantly need to go to the toilet? Find it difficult to empty bladder or bowel?
- Accidentally lose control of your bowel- or accidentally pass wind?
- Have a prolapse (e.g. a bulge or feeling of heaviness, discomfort, pulling, dragging or dripping in the vagina or anus?
- Experience vaginal or vulvar pain during or after intercourse or with tampon or speculum insertion?
- Experience pain in pelvic girdle area: lower back, sacrum, hips, tailbone, pubis and groin?
- Suffer from scar tissue or pelvic floor damage due to difficult delivery or C-section?
- Have separation of abdominal muscles?
- Experience painful menstruation or severe cramps?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above questions, it is important to have a discussion with a pelvic health therapist to address these concerns.